2/23/12

Handmade tool roll...

I've been slowly collecting leatherworking tools, because is like to start working with it and maybe even support my family with it. This was my first attempt at making a complex piece. I know that with owning an older bike, I was going to need to carry some tools with me. So this gave me the opportunity to make something useful. I didn't want a "tool bag". I had stumbled across some various tool rolls that people have made, and kinda took the idea and made this. Mounted on the bike it looks like a tool bag. Undo the buckles and it rolls out into a tool roll while staying attached to the bike. I included some spare spark plug holders and a small pouch. It took me about 15-20 hours to make, but I figure I could cut that time in half if I made another one or two. Not sure what I would charge for this basic version. I would like to start practicing tooling leather and might offer that as a custom option. The pics aren't great, but you get the idea.






No comments:

Post a Comment