4/8/12

Ideas for the new seat...

I've been tossing around some ideas with this new seat. I'm up to about 6'2" and decided to go with a seat that is going to put me back as far as possible. The little bates type seat just keeps me too far forward. Here are a couple of pics of what I'm leaning toward. I like the nakedness with these seats, but I might stop the seat at the bottom of the sissy bar and making a matching pad for it about 6-8 inches tall. Basically just keep the seat and sissy bar pad separate. I sure dig that Swedish look! I guess it will go with my heritage. By the way check out those forks on the red bike. It has the triumph fork tins. Not sure if it is a Harley or triumph frontend though. I've heard that the tins can be made to fit a narrow glide.
......:........:
Well, after taking a second look the forks aren't narrow glides. The trees aren't right.



2 comments:

  1. I think the trees are narrow as well. Been looking for a set of those fork tube covers for a while now. They only make them for narrow hd front ends
    and triumphs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check this thread out on the jockey journal.
      http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21075
      I've seen some repops on eBay, so I'm sure they can be found. If I remember correctly you can get a set for around $100.

      Delete