6/10/12

Top end tore apart...

Well, I got her apart. They were .060 over and about .006-.007 over that now, with significant scoring in the cylinders. One of the ring grooves on the rear piston collapsed, see pic.  Hopefully I can use the cylinders. I see that they sell up to .080 oversized pistons and rings. I will have to forgo the head job for now since money is tight. The rods move side to side approx. 1/16". Bruce Palmer's bible says I'm good up to 3/32".  Very little up and down movement on them. Talk about carbon build up. Look at the dome of that piston. I'm glad I'm not going to be scraping those. I scraped one of the combustion chambers and that took about an hour. I'm hoping I can get the cylinders bored, new pistons and rings for under $300.  Hopefully that will get me to winter. Then all I need to do is by a winning lotto ticket and the hole thing can be gone through...







No comments:

Post a Comment